What is a Trail Nerd?

A trail nerd is a runner who loathes the pavement, does not let a little bad weather stop them, does not whine, and is always ready to help a fellow trail runner. They originate from Kansas City, then like little seeds, propogate in other areas. Wanna be a nerd? Just join one of our group runs.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

April in the Ozarks!

Who would of thought we'd be in tights and fleece in April? Ben, Frank, Jodie and I enjoyed a few periods of spitting snow / sleet on a pretty wet trail at Sac River this morning. Lots of mud holes, but not too bad. Once we were done there I went on over to Ritter for a short loop - ran into a man with 3 dogs. One of them was bounding full speed for me when he yelled 'don;t worry, she won;t bite!'. So I stood still and the black dog just barked a rabid, mean bark. She did not bite, but I was ready to kick some doggie tail if I had to... Found a cable strung bridge at Ritter, wish I had my phone to get a photo. 1 Week to Ouachita 50. Send Captain and I some positive vibes!

No comments: