What is a Trail Nerd?

A trail nerd is a runner who loathes the pavement, does not let a little bad weather stop them, does not whine, and is always ready to help a fellow trail runner. They originate from Kansas City, then like little seeds, propogate in other areas. Wanna be a nerd? Just join one of our group runs.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Trail Nerds like the Frozen Stuff Too...

I spent 3 days in Beaver Creek, CO last week - skiing my heart out. Skiing is one of my favorite sports, behind trail running, mountain biking, cycling, canoeing, fishing, hiking... etc. 3 Days. Fresh snow each day. Light powder in the first runs, with nice groomed trails after that. I always looked for the loose stuff though... First on, last off every day with lunch on the run. That's the only way to get your money's worth.

I did see what I thought was a true Trail Nerd, as I was on the lift going up, he was 'running' up the slope - with crampons, he headed STRAIGHT UP about a 1.5 mile long 'Blue' slope. Then rode the lift down. Now THAT's a NERD.

For a few images click here.

No comments: